- Principles of second language learning and the relationship between L1 and L2
- The Mode Continuum, Lexical density and grammatical intricacy
- Developing oral language through planning and the cyclical use of range of activities like Readers Theatre, Dictogloss, Running dictation, Progressive Brainstorm; Advance /Detail
Focus and content
- Principles of second language learning The Mode Continuum, lexical density and grammatical intricacy and the relationship between oral language development and literacy.
- Explore strategies for developing oral language and literacy with a focus on grammar and vocabulary.
- Honouring identity, culture and language using Readers Theatre.
- Completion of task:
Discussion and analysis of chosen strategy with reference to the Mode Continuum.
Time: 1pm to 3pm - 2 hrs. online
Please register via the green "apply for this course" button
Completing a Tell me your story: Supporting EAL/D students in the primary years - online course will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: 1.3.2, 2.5.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Primary teachers who support EAL/D students in both small groups and mainstream classrooms
2 hours Online via zoom between 1.00pm and 3.00pm