The Supporting Students with Autism in Years 7-12 course is designed to
- develop an understanding of the wide range of characteristics of students with Autism ;
- explore a range of strategies which address the needs of students with Autism in the areas of language and cognitive development, communication skills and social behaviour;
- develop specific strategies to help students with Autism access the curriculum, manage their own stressful reactions and modify their behaviours.
Participants will also develop an understanding of how to set up an effective learning environment for students with Autism.
- I found it incredibly useful. I will definitely be implementing the strategies from today in my classroom
- Thank you for a fantastic day - really opened my eyes to the complexity of it all.
- Loved the tips and useful resources. The opportunities to work in groups and share ideas.
- Great information! Can take so much back to the staffroom.
Completing Supporting Students with Autism in Years 7-12 will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Students/children with Disability addressing standard descriptors 1.1.2 & 4.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Online via Zoom