The Supporting Students with Autism in 7-12 course is designed to
- develop an understanding of the wide range of characteristics of students on the Autism Spectrum;
- explore a range of strategies which address the needs of students on the Autism Spectrum in the areas of language and cognitive development, communication skills and social behaviour;
- develop specific strategies to help students on the Autism Spectrum access the curriculum, manage their own stressful reactions and modify their behaviours.
Participants will also develop an understanding of how to set up an effective learning environment for students on the Autism Spectrum.
- I found it incredibly useful. I will definitely be implementing the strategies from today in my classroom
- Thank you for a fantastic day - really opened my eyes to the complexity of it all.
- Loved the tips and useful resources. The opportunities to work in groups and share ideas.
- Great information! Can take so much back to the staffroom.
Completing a Supporting Students with Autism in Years 7-12 can be logged as Elective PD and will contribute towards your NESA PD requirements as per NESA's transition arrangements.
Online via Zoom