Statistical Analysis involves the collection, display, analysis and interpretation of data to identify and communicate key information.
During this course participants will:
- conduct experiments to collect first hand data.
- review basic statistical descriptions
- analyse first-hand and secondary datasets with Excel
- visually represent data in graphical form using Excel
- analyse normal distributions
- analyse bivariate data sets
- develop engaging teaching activities
- explore the links between the Mathematics Standard 2 syllabus and the Extension Science syllabus
- explore the assessment of statistics in Stand 2 Mathematics and Extension Science
- share the language of statistics between Mathematics and science teachers
Completing a Statistics for Mathematics and Science Teacher - Stage 6 course will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: 2.1.2, 5.1.2, 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Stage 6 Science teachers
Stage 6 Mathematics teachers
Other interested Science and mathematics teachers
Blended delivery: Presenters will deliver live to the participants.
An online component will facilitate the collaboration participants and the sharing of resources.