Statistical Analysis involves the collection, display, analysis and interpretation of data to identify and communicate key information.
During this course participants will:
- conduct experiments to collect first hand data.
- review basic statistical descriptions
- analyse first-hand and secondary datasets with Excel
- visually represent data in graphical form using Excel
- analyse normal distributions
- analyse bivariate data sets
- develop engaging teaching activities
- explore the links between the Mathematics Standard 2 syllabus and the Extension Science syllabus
- explore the assessment of statistics in Stand 2 Mathematics and Extension Science
- share the language of statistics between Mathematics and science teachers
Completing Statistics for Mathematics and Science Teachers – Stage 6 course before 31 July 2021 under NESA’s interim arrangements will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum addressing standard descriptors 2.1.2, 5.1.2, 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Stage 6 Science teachers
Stage 6 Mathematics teachers
Other interested Science and mathematics teachers
Blended delivery: Presenters will deliver live to the participants.
An online component will facilitate the collaboration participants and the sharing of resources.