Please note that there willl be a fee for this conference and the cost will be updated on the website as soon as it is determined.
After a prolonged period of disruption and intensified demands, here is an opportunity for English teachers to come together again. It is a day to share, celebrate and expand on what we do best: transforming our students’ lives through igniting their engagement and fostering their accomplishments in reading and writing.
The CPL English conference team is back with a wealth of inspiring, resource-rich and evidence-based practical approaches to teaching reading and writing from Year 7 to Year 12.
The day will include a focus on:
- Research principles for teaching reading and writing
- Translating principles into effective practice
- Revisiting favourite texts that work and showcasing new inspiring texts
- Considering our text choices and approaches to teaching reading and writing, 7-12, in the light of what has worked and what has not
- Moving beyond the formulaic by implementing powerful strategies for teaching reading and writing in the HSC courses
Come along and be energised by our team. The highly successful teachers of English – Steve Henry, Jowen Hillyer, and Rosemary Henzell – will share with you their proven approaches to lifting student achievement, especially at HSC level. Added to this will be the abundance of teaching wisdom and go-to resources we have come to expect from Jane Sherlock and Deb McPherson, and from Jackie Manuel, a synthesis of the most recent, key research to guide your practice in teaching reading and writing.
Secondary English teachers 7-12
Fee: To be determined
face to face