Secondary English Conference
“…speak out loud and bold…”
The Artistry and Vision of Teaching HSC English
This is a major English conference for all involved in teaching English in the senior secondary years.
This conference will provide:
A report on the HSC English examination of the new syllabus with a particular focus on:
- Building capacity for Paper 1, Section I
- New ideas for Paper 2, Module C
- Approaches to Advanced Module A.
Specific sessions with expert voices from the classroom:
- Reading to Write and Craft of Writing for Standard and Advanced
- Focus on Writing for EAL/D
- Writing Skills for English Studies.
- Ideas for inspiring texts for reading, writing and creativity in Years 7-11. This will include practical strategies and abundant resources for establishing and building the culture of successful teaching and learning in Reading to Write and The Craft of Writing.
- Practical, transferable and adaptable ideas and resources to inspire confidence, engagement and agency in teaching and students’ learning. Fresh ideas will be presented to support teachers to continue to implement the English Syllabuses in 2020.
Completing a Secondary English Conference "...speak out loud and bold..." The Artistry and Vision of Teaching HSC English conference will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
All secondary English teachers and Head Teachers of English.
Focus on Stage 6
Some general Stage 4 & 5 content
There will be a range of delivery modes including exposition, multi-media presentations, and workshops.