- Overview of the Common Module: what differentiates it from the other Modules
- Hints and tips for the Module in the classroom
- Its place in the HSC course, Assessment program and HSC examination skills development
- How to incorporate the Reading Section from paper 1 Section 1 into the Common Module and integrate into other Modules in order to build reading and writing skills for short responses
- How to assess this Module with related texts
- When to assess this Module to maximise student interest, engagement and skills level
- The importance of different writing tasks for this Module
- Consider building skills and integrating the concept of craft from Module C and the Craft of Writing
Time: 4.00 - 5.30pm
Please register via the green "apply for this course" button
Completing a Revisiting the Common Module in HSC English: consolidating what we know and building for 2021 - online course will contribute 1.5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: 2.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Secondary English teachers, currently teaching HSC, future HSC teachers, early career teachers and remote and rural teachers.