‘Coming to Grips with Grammar in English K-10’ is an online module and is being offered by Education at the University of Wollongong (UOW) in partnership with the NSW Teachers Federation - Centre for Professional Learning (CPL).
Members are advised to register as soon as possible via the University of Wollongong e-payment system One-Stop
This module is one of three modules making up the ‘Knowledge about Language Unit’. Successful completion of all three modules in this unit enables participants to apply for academic credit equivalent to one subject in the Master of Education (Language and Literacy specialisation) at the University of Wollongong.
There are two pathways:
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) with the completion of the assignments with all modules, or
- Demonstration of equivalence of learning outcomes of the modules; e.g. annotated student work samples and or samples of classroom programs with embedded grammar, delivery of relevant professional learning.
For teachers with three years or more of teaching experience, the Masters of Education (Language and Literacy) program is 48 credit points (8 subjects or equivalent), usually completed over two years by part time, online study. For further information contact A/Prof Pauline Jones (email@example.com)
Note: These are stand-alone modules and it is not necessary to complete modules 1 and 2 before enrolling in module 3.
How to Apply
1. The special rate for financial members of the NSW Teachers Federation for the first module is $250. (Please ensure you provide your Federation membership number when registering).
2. A maximum of up to 30 NSW Teachers Federation members are eligible for the special rate per module.
3. Go to the University of Wollongong One Stop Shop to register, when registrations open.
4. The University of Wollongong administers and conducts the course.
5. For further information please contact the University of Wollongong via firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The University of Wollongong is the endorsed provider for this module. This module is registered and accredited by NESA for 12 hours hours (or 20 hours with successful completion of assignment) at proficient level.
Delivery Date: 6 May 2018 - 31 May 2019
Enrolments Close: 18 April 2019 - Asignments due 14 June
Teachers K-10. All teachers primary K-6 and teachers of secondary subjects requiring written responses.