- examine the language and literacy demands related to writing extended responses in secondary settings
- explore some of the grammatical features used by effective writers across subject areas
- analyse student writing
Focus and content
- What are the most challenging language demands of texts commonly read and written in secondary schools? Field, Tenor and Mode; Theme & Nominalisation
- Compare and contrast a range of texts using scaffold provided
- Strategy for developing cohesive texts – Joint Construction.
- Completion of task: Discussion and analysis of own student text using scaffold provided.
Participants are requested to bring one sample of their students’ writing.
Time: 1pm to 3pm - 2 hrs
Register via the green "apply for this course" button
Completing a Conversations about text in the secondary school - online course will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: 1.3.2, 2.5.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Secondary teachers especially teachers of all subjects requiring extended response writing such as HSIE, English, PD HPE and Science.
Interactive on Zoom