The CPL and the The University of Sydney's Centre for Educational Measurement and Assessment (CEMA) have entered into a collaborative partnership to deliver professional learning Literacy modules for all K-12 teachers.
Fee: $300 for each module.
Federation financial members are eligible to receive a 10% discount on each module.
To receive the discount, please apply here
On confirmation of your financial membership with the NSW Teachers Federation you will be sent further details of how to register for the modules.
About the Assessment Literacy modules
The six modules include video presentations by Professor Jim Tognolini, downloadable PDF files, formative self-assessment, reflective questions, recommended short readings, and collaborative webinar opportunities.
Each module will take you between four and six hours to complete and achieve the requisite PD hours towards maintenance of accreditation.
You will be able to: develop understanding that assessment involves professional judgement based upon an image formed by the collection of information and is used to locate student performance on a developmental continuum; contextualise the role of assessment in teaching, and know, understand and use assessment related terms and strategies including reliability, validity, assessment for learning, assessment of learning, performance standards, and normreferenced assessment. Modules also include a specific consideration of the standards referenced system that is used in NSW, which is predicated on a measurement model.
Module 1 - Modern assessment theory including standards referencing
Module 2 - Constructing selected response and short-answer items including Higher Order Thinking Skill (HOTS) items
Module 3 - Constructing extended response and performance tasks, and writing analytic and holistic rubrics
Module 4 - Evaluating the function and classroom assessment tasks and tests
Module 5 - Examining the impact of feedback on learning
Module 6 - Exploring the role of moderation and reporting in classroom assessment
Why teachers should consider
completing these modules …
- The modules have been designed by a leading expert in educational assessment
- You can start the fully-online modules when convenient and complete them at your own pace
- Each module is competitively priced
- Each module is accredited
- Modules address Standard Descriptors in Proficient Teacher Standard 5: Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning (5.1.2, 5.2.2, 5.3.2, 5.4.2, 5.5.2)
- The University of Sydney has approved the modules for articulation to postgraduate award courses. Details are available on the Centre for Educational Measurement and Assessment’s website
Please click here for further details on Assessment and Data Literacy.
Data Literacy modules will be available at a later date.
All Teachers K-12
These modules are delivered online and can be completed at your own pace.